Friday, February 2, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Great Workspace...

Hi, all!

Friday is here once again - and that means it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I did finish up a few things this week...



First up was this bright little quilt for a 2-year old boy with cystic fibrosis.  It was VERY windy, as you can see in the pictures above - I managed to get pictures of the flimsy (sort of) but didn't get any of the finished quilt before I delivered it!  Oops....


I also finished the two t-shirt quilts!  

But my favorite finish of the past week or so is my office space - something I don't need most of the year, but it comes in really handy at this time of the year, as I do all the administrative work for the Hands2Help Challenge!


This is an odd-shaped little room - about 8 feet by 16 feet, with doors in the middle of both of the long walls.  I moved my desk down to the end with the window, along with a great small wardrobe cabinet that I picked up at a yard sale recently.  It needs to be refinished, but I wanted to get it in the room and see how it works.  I like it!!


Here's the inside.  The pillow forms on the left need to be stuffed back into pillow covers, but I needed to put them somewhere while I straightened up the room!  There's a little hanging rod in that side, so eventually my finished flimsies will go in there while waiting to be quilted.  Giveaway items and mailing supplies for H2H are on the shelves and in the drawers on the right side.


And this is the other end of the room.  All the bookcases are down there now, along with a comfortable chair for reading or handwork. It was a pain to move all those bookcases, but I cleared out a lot of outdated books and stuff, so now there's a lot more room on them!

And now I have a fresh, inviting workspace!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

18 comments:

  1. Your office space looks so tidy. But I'm sure it'll be a real working space soon. I'll be sewing and quilting a T-shirt quilt soon and am wondering how it is on a longarm and any particular advice for quilting stitches or other advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you accomplished a lot this week - whoop whoop!! Your office looks both functional and comfortable. I like the desk by the window. If a person must do deskwork, let the sunshine in! (and I LOVE your new cabinet. Are you sure it needs refinishing? Looks great to me!) Have a happy weekend, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your office space and wardrobe are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your office space looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I've been working on organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I love the photos of that quilt top blowing in the wind. It's like you've made that little boy a magic flying carpet! Good for you, getting your office space in order so you can be more productive. I actually spent several hours with my bookcases yesterday, too, dusting, reorganizing, and alphabetizing so I can find the books I'm looking for when I want them. I have a LOT of books, so now the built in bookshelves in my living room are divided into biographies, American history, women's history, religion, French history, Russian history, science history, travel, woodworking, parenting, dog training, and fiction. Fiction is now fully alphabetized and takes up most of the wall. And all the while I was doing this, my husband was shouting things like "Don't stand on that shelf or you'll break it" and "you can't put so many books up there or the shelf will bow!" Isn't that silly? Mr. Handy should build me library steps if he doesn't want me to climb the shelves, and he should put additional supports in the bookshelves if they aren't strong enough to hold my books. I'm not the kind of girl who puts "accessories" up on her bookshelves instead of books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how you have a space to put all your pillow forms

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful and I love your old wardrobe...I've always been fascinated by old wardrobes and the history that lies within them....if walls could talk!
    Your "new" space is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice office nook - the yellow walls are fantastic for that little space. Hey, I always forget to tell you: You have a cosmic twin in Colorado Springs. She is the cutest fellow Taekwondo mom. Her name is even Sara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you hate it when you miss getting a photo of a finished quilt? I'm sure the little boy will love having his special blankie. Nice use of that little room. I'm looking forward to H2H this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new room. Bet it was a closet for the two rooms on either side. I had a situation like that in my first house.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the office. I have a wardrobe similar to yours, but, mine is stuffed with scrapbook supplies (and I haven't scrapbooked in YEARS).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did with the wardrobe cabinet. I have one just like it!!! Filled with old china right now, but, wow! love the possibilities....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous of your wardrobe cabinet. Wow! It's gorgeous. There used to be one at my parents place and I don't know what happened to it. I love those cabinet. Lucky you for picking it up. Love your bright little quilt. It looks like it was shaking off all the worries of the world of its shoulders. Enjoy your new, clean work place. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoop whoop for your refreshed workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your office space! Great job on the finishes. Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That reading chair in your office is the chair I am sitting in right now! I have a bad back and it is such a great chair for a sore back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Somehow it linked twice! Probably the person typing today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!